This soft butter-free Raspberry and Yogurt Plumcake is the perfect choice for a nutritious and tasty breakfast!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that as an Amazon Associate I receive a profit from eligible purchases. There is no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
The recipe that I propose today is simple and fast, but incredibly good that will leave you amazed! As soon as you wake up in the morning, it floods the house with its sweet aroma and is perfect when soaked in milk.
In addition, it is also ideal for your children’s snacks. In fact, it is made with simple and natural ingredients such as yogurt, fruit, eggs, and flour that make it special with every bite.
I chose to make it with raspberries and bananas which are a combination that I really love. However, the recipe is versatile and you can modify it with the ingredients you like best.
The only care you must have before preparing it is that the ingredients must preferably all be at room temperature.
And if you need a little help to convert weights and measures, try our Useful Conversion Chart!
This fluffy raspberry and yogurt plumcake is so easy you can make it in just one bowl.
To make it you will need:
A Deep Mixing Bowl
Parchment Paper (if you don’t want to grease the pan)
A Rectangular nonstick Loaf Pan (for this recipe, I used a 26 cm long one).
A Plumcake inspired by lightness
The Raspberry and Yogurt Plumcake is light and genuine. For this, you can also adopt it in diets or nutritions that are low in calories.
To make the recipe lighter, I eliminated the butter and replaced it with vegetable oil.
Also instead of milk, I used Greek Yogurt, because it is naturally fat-free and rich in enzymes.
Finally, I used part of the whole wheat flour to give it more fiber richness. however, if you prefer you can replace the flour with whatever you prefer.
There are so many reasons why I love this recipe.
First of all, I am a big fan of the combination of sour raspberries with the sweetness of bananas. Secondly, the soft and moist texture of the dough literally makes my taste buds explode. Finally, I find that its crunchy crust is truly irresistible.
This tasty recipe can also be made in a Vegan Version.
In this case, just replace the 2 eggs with 2 bananas or with 2 grated apples. In fact, Apple is a valid vegetable alternative to eggs because added to the dough it is able to form a gelatinous and compact mass.
Then, if you want to avoid sugar, you can replace it with honey, or with agave or maple syrup. In this case, the proportions must be changed as follows:
– To replace sugar with honey, use 20% less than what the recipe calls for. For example, my recipe provides 100 g of sugar, you can replace it with 80 g of honey.
– Syrups also have a higher sweetening power than sugar. The right proportion to replace 100g of sugar is to use 75g. of syrup.
Try this Raspberry and Yogurt Plumcake and you will be thrilled! It recalls the flavors of the past, like the delicious slices of Sunday dessert at grandma’s house.
- 230 g 00 flour
- 50 g wholemeal flour
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 50 g seed oil
- 150 g raspberries
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- grated zest ½ orange
- 125 g low-fat Greek yogurt
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is frothy and without grains.
- Add the grated orange zest, oil and yogurt.
- Continue to work with the whisk for 4 minutes to obtain a creamy and amalgamated mixture.
- Pour the flour along with the baking powder and salt into the bowl. Stir it lightly.
- Crush a banana and mix it with the flour. Then mix with a spatula to create a soft dough.
- Add the raspberries already washed and dried. Set aside 6 for the final garnish.
- Grease a loaf pan with oil and flour, or if you prefer, line it with baking paper.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan.
- Then garnish the surface with the remaining raspberries and a little brown sugar grains.
- Bake in a non-ventilated oven at 180 C° (355 F°) for about 35 minutes.
- After this time, before taking out the oven, test the toothpick to check that the inside is well cooked.
- Wait for the cake to cool and arrange it on a serving plate; if you like sprinkle it with a little icing sugar.
For an extra touch, serve this dessert with light cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 32gProtein: 9g
Nutrition Data is automatically calculated and may be not accurate.
If you loved this post and found it useful, let us know by leaving a comment below, or share it with whoever you want! Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, or on our Facebook Page to be always updated with new ideas and recipes with an Authentically Italian Flavor.