The Baked Crispy Zucchini Chips are simply delicious and perfect as a side dish, appetizer, or snack, a very tasty alternative to traditional potato chips but more healthy and light!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that as an Amazon Associate I receive a profit from eligible purchases. There is no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
I have tons of zucchini in this period and for this reason, I’ raking my brain to preparing them in many ways! Today I will host some friends for an aperitif at sunset and I have therefore decided to offer something different and tasty: a yummy and Crispy Baked Zucchini chips, it seems to be an excellent choice! It is a smart recipe and in a Light version, suitable for those (like me :P) who want to keep fit but without sacrificing taste.
These crispy zucchini can be used as a healthy alternative to the classic fried potato chips and with this method (which you can also adapt very well to other types of vegetables, such as pumpkin or sweet potato), it will finally become easy to eat a good dose of vegetables to the children too.
It only takes a few minutes to prepare this delight at home, which is ideal during the summer when zucchini is a seasonal vegetable and we can savor all its beneficial properties for health.
By following the below recipe you can prepare them in 5 easy steps!
Ingredients choice to make perfect crispy zucchini chips
You can use the zucchini you prefer, the greens and the yellow ones are my favorite, you just have to slice them very thin when raw.
It is possible to prepare them with many variations: today’s one involves the use of breadcrumbs and parmesan, but if you prefer you can alternatively use the flour you like.
Tips and suggestions
- To obtain a more intense flavor, you can add spices to your liking. In my opinion chili pepper, black pepper, paprika and curry are the best!. To spice your Baked crispy zucchini, after having cut and salted zucchini make an emulsion by mixing the chosen spices with 2 spoon the extra virgin olive oil. Then brush the emulsion over the chips and then proceed as indicated in the recipe.
- To get real chips, which remain dry and crunchy, after let the zucchini rest with salt and pepper, dried them with absorbent paper.
- Microwave baking, if you have a microwave with crisp function like this one, set it at full power for 3 minutes, flip the zucchini and repeat. That’s it!
If, on the other hand, you want a Gluten-Free and extra light preparation, you can make the zucchini chips without breadcrumbs and flour: slice the zucchini very very thin, arrange them on a tray lined with parchment paper and let them dry for about 2 hours. Then season them and bake in the oven at 100 C° (212 F°) for about 30 minutes or until they become crunchy.
The Baked Crispy Zucchini Chips are delicious, tasty, crunchy easy to make and fast, ideal also as a side dish with fish dishes as the Baked Salmon Fillet.
Baked Crispy Zucchini Chips
- 6 zucchini
- 3 sp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sp breadcrumbs
- 3 sp grated parmesan,
- salt & pepper
- spices (optional)
- Reduce zucchini into slices and put in a bowl with salt and pepper; let rest about 5 minutes to remove excess water.
- Put zucchini slices into a bowl adding breadcrumbs, parmesan, oil and salt and pepper as you like.
- Meantime preheat oven at 180 C° (356 F°).
- Put zucchini on a baking sheet oiled or with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then 3 minutes at grill mode.
- Serve hot or tepid to preserve the crunchiness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 12g
Nutrition Data is automatically calculated and may be not accurate.
I hope you’ve loved this recipe as much as I do!
If you liked it, leave a comment or share it by pinning it. To get more recipes like this, follow us on Pinterest or on our Facebook Page.
[…] like me, you love zucchini madly, give a try to these recipes as well: Baked Crispy Zucchini, or Stuffed Zucchini with Tuna and […]
[…] if you are looking for a flowless side dish to combine with this recipe I suggest you try with Baked Crispy Zucchini or a fresh Fennel and Orange […]