This Crispy Asparagus Frittata is a recipe prepared with only two ingredients, fresh eggs and seasonal asparagus! It will amaze you with its simplicity and naturalness.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that as an Amazon Associate I receive a profit from eligible purchases. There is no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Today’s recipe is an adaptation of the original by the famous Italian chef “Giorgione”.
Giorgione may not be known abroad but in Italy, he is a highly appreciated rustic chef. It has its own TV-cooking show “Giorgione Orto e Cucina” and two restaurants in Umbria Alla Via di Mezzo e Villa Selva Country House. If you take a trip to the Montefalco area you should not miss them! His cuisine is a paradise for rural and countryside cuisine in central Italy). Take care to book well in advance, ’cause the waitlist especially in spring and summer is months !!
Make it using just Frittata nonstick pan! Fast and easy, it’s perfect for a quick dinner or lunch or to fill a gorgeous sandwich.
Essential Tips to make a great Frittata
To make the perfect Italian Crispy Asparagus Frittata is essential to buy fresh green asparagus, the thinnest you find on the market. This is because the peculiarity of this recipe is that the asparagus, once cleaned, are simply sautéed for a few minutes in a pan with hot oil and a clove of “dressed” garlic.
As for the eggs, since in this Crispy Asparagus Frittata, that will be the absolute protagonists, I opt to use organic daily eggs, those with a yellow paste so your frittata will have a nice bright color.
Moreover, unlike other typical Italian Frittatas, the main feature of this one is the crunchiness. For this reason, I suggest you use a very large pan so that your frittata will be thin and crispy.
What Dressed Garlic means ?
I need to spend a few words about this use for the garlic, which is one of the musts of Giorgione’s cuisine.
Dressed Garlic (in Italian “Aglio Vestito o Incamiciato“) indicates the use of garlic still wrapped in its film.
Further, unpeeled garlic (aka ‘dressed garlic‘) is more digestible than the one deprived of the film. In this way, the aroma passes to the cooking fats without weighing them down. The resulting aroma is rounder and fuller, but much less pungent at the same time.
Crispy Asparagus Frittata
This crispy asparagus frittata is a genuine recipe prepared with only two ingredients, fresh eggs and seasonal asparagus.
It will amaze you with its simplicity and naturalness and after trying it you will include it in your routine menus for this beautiful season.
- 500 g thin green asparagus
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
1. Wash asparagus takingcare not to damage the apices.
2. Remove 3 or 4 cm of stem, until where you feelhard with the knife (do not throw the scraps, but use them to prepare anexcellent natural broth at home).
3. Dry asparagus and cut them into pieces about 3 cm long.
4. Take a large non-stickpan and pour the oil with the clove of garlic dressed.
5. Fry the garlic for 2 minutes, until the outer layer of garlic is golden brown.
6. Pour the asparagus into the pan and sauté by stirring and stirring for 5 minutes over high heat.
7. Add salt and pepper - about 1 teaspoon of each will make them tasty without covering the aroma of asparagus.
8. Beat the eggs on a plate, add a pinch of salt and pour into the pan over the stir-fried asparagus.
9. As soon as the eggs begins to settle, lower the heat and cover frittata with a lid.
10. Let cook the frittata for 5 minutes on each side.
11. To better turn your frittata, use a large serving plate or the lid of the pan.
This Frittata is excellent to serve hot, but also cold in a tasty sandwich.
To add a more intense fresh flavor, add any chopped mint leaves while cooking the eggs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
Nutrition Data is automatically calculated and may be not accurate.
To best enjoy this simple, but incredible recipe, you can combine it with a No-knead semi-wholemeal thin Bread or a Focaccia. And if you want to pair it with a good wine glass, have a look to our Mini Guide to the 20 Italian Red Wines you Can’t Miss !
I hope you’ve loved this recipe as much as I do!
If you liked it, leave a comment or share it by pinning it. To get more recipes like this, follow us on Pinterest or on our Facebook Page.
Wow this looks incredible and also quite easy to make! Love anything with a crispy/crunchy texture 😊
🌿 Marissa Belle × marsybun.com 🌿
I love asparagus! I’ll have to give this a try.